Project Manager - Fulcrum Construction
The Project Manager is responsible for the performance, profitability, and the overall execution of assigned projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for directing and supervising personnel including project engineers, superintendents and interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Essential functions of this position may be changed as the company needs require. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manage all aspects of the construction project from reconstruction to closeout
- Review and manage all project documents, RFI’s, submittals/shop drawings.
- Buy out all aspects of the projects.
- Complete with high degree of accuracy forecast of revenue, profitability and project costs (progress reports) on a monthly (or ad hoc) basis for leadership team review.
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken.
- Maintain a detailed log of all potential and actual changes that have a cost of time impact on a project.
- Market the company to new and existing customers with an eye towards increasing business.
- Notify leadership team of any major issues that could impact the project or customer relationship and recommend a corrective course of action.
- Prepare all necessary pay applications for accounting submission.
- Manage the change order process and ensure all change orders are submitted in a timely manner.
- Development of the master schedule with the superintendent and update as necessary.
- Provide backup support to superintendent regarding management of subcontractors.
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role.
- Minimizes exposure and risk by reviewing/auditing safety protocols during job site visits.
- Complete required job site visits to meet with owners, subcontractors, and Fulcrum team members.
- Manage larger, more complex projects that may include multi-buildings and/or site work; or projects requiring multiple superintendents to complete.
- Provide additional support to project managers as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Manage project engineers and associated interns
- Manage/Aide superintendents in the execution of each project.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s in Building Science or Construction Management/Engineering is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in the construction field.
- Technically proficient with typical software applications utilized in the industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating and dispute resolution skills.
- Proficient in estimating and scheduling practices.
- Strong Financial and Job Cost Accounting knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people.
- 30-hour OSHA Training/Certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- This position involves periodic visits to various construction sites where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- While visiting the various construction sites, the employee is required to stand, walk;
- Reach with hands and arms; Use hands to handle or feel;
- Climb (sufficiently high to review rooftop work) or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines.
- Safety requirements - Strict adherence to Fulcrum’s & OSHA’s safety programs/policies including wearing PPE equipment, following safety policies, and reporting injuries/incidents
- Maintain punctuality and attendance as scheduled by management and/or as necessary during unscheduled times to meet customer’s needs.
- Undertake and support any policy, change, system or work rules by the Company implements regarding the purpose of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed both in an office environment as well as in the field, on job site locations.
- During construction site visits, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions: extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Extensive travel is required. Employee will be required to visit construction job-sites on a regular basis. These visits may involve travel by automobile and/or by airplane.
- Work week is generally Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm. Weekend/after-hours work may be required to meet deadlines or at the request of the Client or Senior Management or to handle any emergency situation that may arise.
Who to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, click the button below, or send your resume and project portfolio to email@example.com.