Construction Field Intern – Engelsma Construction, Inc.
Engelsma Construction is seeking a college student to fill a Construction Field Intern position. The Construction Field Intern will support Engelsma Superintendents and Project Managers as they monitor and control quality, schedule, and cost for construction projects. This is an educational position, intended to provide the intern with exposure to the construction industry, focusing on field operations. Interns are expected to develop formal goals for their internship and formally present those goals to Engelsma leadership.
The Construction Field Intern will report to the Engelsma Superintendent/Project Manager.
- Observe and monitor subcontractor field work
- Assist with daily reports and site documentation
- Perform light labor including clean-up and jobsite organization
- Verify and report schedule progress
- Assist with verifying installed material specifications, quality, and quantities
- Attend weekly internal and external project meetings
- Interns should be working toward a degree in construction management, engineering, or a closely related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Bluebeam and Procore is desirable
- Writing ability, strong organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to handle tight deadlines
- Positive attitude
- Good verbal skills and ability to communicate clearly in English
- Physical activities for this position:
- Standing – 75% of time
- Walking – 75% of time
- Sitting – 25% of time
- Use of hands and arms – 100% of time
- Lifting up to 40 pounds – 25% of time
- Vision requirements:
- Close, distant, color, peripheral, and depth perception are required 100% of the time
To apply, click the button below, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.